Engineers (20 Positions) Pretoria
About the job:
CSIR Defence, Peace, Safety and Security (DPSS) unit provides a national defence science and technology capacity, supplying knowledge, advice and solutions in the area of defence and in matters of national security. Specifically, it aims to provide a defence evaluation and research capacity for the Department of Defence and Military Veterans.
The unit has twenty (20) vacancies in different Engineering Fields in order to undertake engineering assignments and projects involving research, design and development on medium- to high-risk, large engineering research and development (R&D) to meet stakeholder needs and requirements.
The positions reside within the DPSS Integrative Systems group (ISG), which is responsible for large multi-disciplinary programmes and projects within DPSS and the broader CSIR and deployed as required within DPSS.
- Research and development of new engineering concepts and technologies for a defence, safety and security environment.
- Contribute to a range of engineering projects.
- Analyse higher-level defined project requirements and consequently define lower-level sub-system functionalities and solutions as required.
- Interpret user requirements and specification in order to generate detailed item development.
- Conduct design reviews of sub-systems, i.e. hardware and software.as required.
- Prepare design information to a suitable quality and standard to ensure quality management.
- Provide technical engineering advice to a range of project stakeholders as required to support engineering project delivery.
- Participate in the development of design standards and recommend modifications as appropriate.
- Maintain networks and relationships with key customers, consultants, contractors, suppliers and planning authorities, in order to effectively deliver technical advice and meet deadlines on engineering projects.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of relevant engineering legislation, engineering tools and policies as they apply to projects and ensure that all engineering work adheres to regulation and requirements.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant degree.
- A Master and PhD level degree will be an added advantage.
- One to three years relevant working experience within engineering.
- Working in an R&D environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in requirements definition, design, development, testing and integration within the relevant engineering field.
- Experience in working in a complex environment.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of different engineering tools.
- Experience in Microsoft Office tools.
- Working experience in a military research environment that serves both local and international clients and stakeholders will be an added advantage.
South African citizenship is necessary as a security clearance is required for this position.
Closing date: 31 March 2014
Please note that feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.
How to Apply
Apply Online at CSIR Recruitment Page
Posted by SaLearnerships.Com. Posted In : Engineering Internships